MBBS in Bangladesh
Dhaka Medical College is the first medical college in Bangladesh which was established in 10th July 1946. The Colleges’s original building was built before the petition of Bengla of 1905. As of 1904, the building was being used as the secretariat of the newly formed provinces of East Bengal and Assam in 1921. It was turned over the University of Dhaka , which was founded that year. After beginning of the journey Dhaka Medical College established a new era in the history of medical education in Bangladesh.
Presently, 37 government medical colleges and 66 Private medical colleges offering MBBS course to both local and international students.
All of the medical colleges are affiliated by universities. Among the seven (07) universities; 04 are Government University and 03 are Private University. Professional Examination conducted by the respective university. Guide lines and norms set by the Ministry of Health & family Welfare & Government of Bangladesh.
Bangladesh Medical & Dental council (BM&DC) is the regulatory authority. All medical college must be registered in BM&DC. Ministry of Health and BM&DC strictly following the activities of Medical Colleges.
MBBS curriculum last updated September 2012 by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BM&DC).
The Medical College offers ﬁve years MBBS course and one year internship training as required by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council leading to MBBS degree of the University of Dhaka. The academic session shall be from January each year or as suggested by Government. MBBS course comprises of 5 Years, followed by logbook based rotatory internship for one year.
The MBBS course is divided into four phases
Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry
First Professional MBBS
Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine
Second Professional MBBS
Pharmacology & Therapeutics Pathology Microbiology
Third Professional MBBS
Medicine & Allied subjects, Surgery & Allied subjects, Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Final Professional MBBS
NB: All academic activities including professional examination of each phase must be completed within the specified time of the phase.
The examinations will be held in the 1st week of January and July each year. Details of the course could be downloaded from BM&DC website.
MBBD at Government Medical Colleges of Bangladesh under SAARC Quota
Bangladesh government provides 92 seats (82 MBBS seats & 10 BDS seats) for eligible students from SAARC countries. For those seats selection will be done on the basis of merit.
MBBD at Government Medical Colleges of Bangladesh under Non- SAARC Quota
87 MBBS seats in allotted among different Government Medical Colleges of Bangladesh under Non- SAARC Quota for students from Non-SAARC countries. Students have to pay USD 5000 per year; selection is on the basis of merit.
Top Ten (10) Private Medical College in Bangladesh
- Enam Medical College
- Anwer Khan Modern Medical College
- Green Life Medical College
- Jahurul Islam Medical College
- Bangladesh Medical College
- Dhaka National Medical College
- Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College
- Zainul Haque Sikder Women’s Medical College
- Kumudini Women’s Medical College
- Medical College for Women & Hospital
MBBS & BDS eligibility requirement for 2019-2020 session
MBBS & BDS eligibility requirement is a bit difficult compare to other countries but the total process is easy & visa is confirmed. What you need- have to follow some deadlines by the embassy, Colleges & Bangladesh government.
Eligibility requirements for MBBS & BDS 2019-2020 intake:
- Candidate musthave Valid Passport
- Applicant must pass his/her 10th, O level or equivalent not before 2016
- Applicant must pass his/her 12th, A level or equivalent not before 2018
- If student passed his/her 10th, O level or equivalent at 2015 but result published after September, then s/he will be considered eligible.
- In 12th, student must have Physics, Chemistry & Biology. In Biology, percentage should beat least 60% (i.e. 60 out of 100) otherwise not eligible.
- Applicant’s score must be at least 3.00 out of 5 in 10th exams.
- Applicant’s score must be at least 3.00 out of 5 in 12th exams.
- Applicant’s score must be at least 7.00 out of 10 in 10th & 12th exams as per current rule.
- Minimum score level might be increase to 8.00 out 10; Government authority will declare the decision within 30th September 2018)
- Toreserve a seat at any top medical college like-Bangladesh Medical College, Dhaka National Medical College, Jahurul Islam Medical College, Anwer Khan Modern Medical College, Popular Medical College,Green Life Medical College, Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College, Medical College for Women & Hospital, Enam Medical College, Kumudini Women’s Medical College, UttaraAdhunik Medical College, ZH Shikdar Women’s Medical College, RagibRabeya Medical College; each eligible foreign student must transfer USD 5,000 by July 2019 to the college account.
- Attestation required (Notary Public, Education Ministry, Foreign Ministry) of applicant’s 10th & 12th transcripts & certificates
- MCI registration of Indian students; NOC required for Nepalese students
You are requested to send prospective applicant’s 10th & 12th transcripts (full page scancopies) to us via e-mail (email@example.com) for eligibility assessment.
Number of foreign students studying MBBS & BDS in Bangladesh
No. Of Students from
Source: (Primary data – 28/12/2017) DG Health Office, Dhaka, Bangladesh
MBBS in Bangladesh Fee Structure 2019-20
Bangladesh is a South Asian country which is positioned at the east of India on the Bay of Bengal. Bangladesh is a land of Bengal, officially the People’s Republic of Bangladesh and its capital is Dhaka. Bangladesh is famous for its lush green environment and several waterways. The three eminent rivers of Bengal flow through Bangladesh namely Ganga, Brahmaputra, and the Meghan. It is the largest delta in the world. Bangladesh’s enormous forest and home of the Royal Bengal Tiger lies between Bangladesh and India. Climatic conditions are warm and replete with humidity and have a monsoon season that lasts from June to October and supplies abundant rainfall.
The fee is cheap and affordable for Indian students. They can have other pleasures as well with the MBBS course. MBBS fees of top medical colleges/universities in Bangladesh will cost from 36 lakhs to 45 lakhs including accommodation and food. This can also vary depending on the colleges in Bangladesh. It is advisable for the medical aspirants who cannot afford the heavy fee structure to opt for Medical universities in Bangladesh. This may help the Indian students who cannot get admission due to their ranking or any other issues to adjust well with the education pattern, food, and culture. It will be a home away from home.
Green Life Medical College (GMC) 2019-20 Admission ongoing at reputed private medical/dental colleges of Bangladesh 2019-2020. Green Life Medical College (GMC) is approved by the Ministry of
Government of Bangladesh has decided to issue long-term Multiple Entry Student Visas (S-Category) to Nepalese students who are pursuing/intend to pursue degrees in the various